Children’s Ministry Pastor
Terms of Employment: 10 to 20 hours per week (negotiable), one year contract
Responsible for toddlers/preschool to Grade 7 in all ICRC congregations. Lead the Children Sunday School, KidsConnect and other activities. Recruit and provide training for volunteer teachers and assistants. Adhere to CRCNA doctrine. Graduate of a recognized seminary. At least two years of children ministry experience. With a shepherd’s caring heart and good interpersonal skills. Fluent in English. Able to communicate in Mandarin.
- Report to the ICRC Council (Children Ministry Committee); submit a ministry report on a monthly basis
- Ministry scope includes toddlers/preschool to Grade 7 in whole ICRC
- Lead the children Sunday School, KidsConnect, Vacation Bible School, Fall Carnival and other children activities
- Come up with suitable curricula for children Sunday School and for KidsConnect and implement these
- Teach children classes as needed
- Recruit teachers and assistants for children ministry from all language groups (English, Mandarin and Minnan)
- Provide training for children ministry teachers, assistant and other volunteers
- Provide children program as needed during fellowship events, ICRC special events, etc.
- Formulate and implement a long-term ministry plan (2-5 years) in consultation with the Children Ministry Committee which includes all the above
- Do various tasks assigned by CMC such as organizing children number at special events, assisting at anniversary or other special events, etc.
- Godly life, daily devotion habit, clear call to ministry
- Shepherd's caring heart, good interpersonal skills
- Strong burden for the souls of children
- Able to communicate and relate meaningfully with children and parents
- Aware of contemporary children issues such as child safety, single-parent home, generation gap, etc.
- Administrative and management skills including communication (written & verbal), teamwork & team management, responsibility, time management, organization, planning, creating & keeping deadlines, delegation, goal setting and meeting goals (productivity), decision making, program management, coordinating events, problem solving, attention to detail, independence, impartiality, conflict resolution, proactive, empathy
- Able to work harmoniously in multi-lingual ministry setting; to treat everyone equally with no preferential treatment of certain individuals or group within the ICRC church family
- Able to work well with our Pastoral Team
- Of Evangelical faith
- Adherence to CRCNA doctrines, rites and traditions (see crcna.org & icrc.ca)
- With theological training at a seminary recognized by ICRC
- At least two years of children ministry experience in a Christian setting
- Able to converse in English and Mandarin; Amoy/Minnan proficiency is a plus
- Accept without reservation the 5-point goal of our Children Ministry: To nurture a growing relationship with Jesus through Bible learning, Bible memorization, learning to pray and praise, obedience, and service for the Lord